Are you always on the hunt for the perfect natural and organic skin care products? Natural remedies and home remedies are sometimes the go-to options for most people, especially in India. However, the question here is whether going for these options is the best decision for your skin or not. Today, we burst that bubble.
Why do we go for natural products?
Many people consider natural and organic products to be safer and more efficient at the same time. This gives them more confidence in using these products. With our history of Ayurveda and age-old remedies, our minds are naturally inclined towards associating the words ‘natural’ with better.
However, this is not always true.
The truth about natural and organic skin care products
- The truth is that your skin is a sensitive part of your body and whether a product is natural or synthetic, it’s essential to make sure that you take note of the kind of ingredients you are putting on your skin.
- Almost every other skin care product claims to be “natural” or “organic” these days, whether it might be true or not.
- You need to be extremely careful about ensuring that a natural product is approved by the government and is actually an organic product.
- Just because a skincare product is organic and solely made of natural ingredients doesn’t mean it can’t cause allergic reactions and other problems. There is no saying how your skin will react to an organic skin care product.
- Another thing to remember is that most natural products have added fragrances. This could result in skin irritation and even allergic reactions.
- Most natural products contain essential oils that are not entirely suitable for all skin types, especially not baby skin. This is something you need to be extremely careful about.
- Packing is extremely important when it comes to skincare products. Whether the product is synthetic or natural, it needs to be packed correctly to make sure it has a good shelf life.
What you should keep in mind when buying natural and organic skin care products
- When buying a natural product, look for the USDA mark of approval. A USDA mark is given to products that are made up of at least 70% organic ingredients. Only then will it be considered an organic skin care product.
- You can be allergic to anything, whether it is chemical or natural ingredients like raisins, nuts, and even a few vegetables, for that matter. Be aware of your allergies and always conduct a patch test before using a natural product.
- Try to look for fragrance-free products, especially if you have sensitive skin, to avoid skin irritation.
- Look out for essential oils in the product label and do not use them on infants and children. If you have sensitive skin, you will want to avoid them too as they are usually very potent.
- Ensure that your natural products are well packed and not compromised.
The silver lining
In conclusion, it is imperative to understand that just because a product is labelled natural doesn’t mean it will work well for you. You should consider the points stated above before buying any natural products and never forget to conduct a patch test first.
1. How do I know that a natural product is suitable for my skin?
You should start by carefully reading the label of the product and be aware of the ingredients used. After this, you must conduct a patch test before applying anything to your face. If you have no reactions after 48 hours of application, only then use the product.
2. When should I see a doctor?
If a product causes allergic reactions to natural ingredients, skin irritations, and acne, you should consult with a dermatologist. If you want to find out more about your skin allergies and what works for you, seeing a doctor is the safest option.
Struggling with a Skin or Hair issue? Download the CureSkin App now by clicking here to get the best treatment. It’s easy, fast and affordable!