Dark circles under the eyes have such an influence on an appearance that they tend to make people feel as down and depressed as they make them appear. They are often a result of a lacking in nutrition and rest that we need to provide our bodies.
Dark circles are pigmented regions which appear underneath the eyes. They are mainly caused due to a lack of healthy blood circulation. There are wide varieties of contributors when it comes to dark circles and these include genetics, your eating and sleeping habits, sun exposure, use of cosmetics and even smoking and consumption of alcohol. One fact remains that dark circles are also a natural part of aging and can only be prevented to a certain degree.
There are often specific reasons why dark circles shadow the face, and these may range from dehydration to lack of sleep or even lack of the right type of care. Drinking plenty of water is the topmost advice given by most dermatologists when people ask for solutions to dark circles. It is said that dehydrated skin prompts the darkening of the skin, especially in thin parts of the skin, such as under the eye. Here are 6 reasons that might be causing your dark circles
- The amount of sleep we indulge in has a great impact on the appearance of our skin, especially the part under the eyes. Dark circles can appear when we fail to get enough sleep, which reduces basic blood circulation and makes the skin look paler while darkening the skin right underneath the eyes.
- Also, since the fat deposits under the eye and in areas where the skin is thinner reduce as you age, the likelihood of developing dark circles increases. So a good supplementary eye-cream can help replenish this. With the help and guidance of a dermatologist, choosing the right eye-cream could be a great solution to dark circles.
- Then there’s the matter of maintaining your fitness and health. Not having good physical health can cause dark circles. Although there may be many people wondering how them jogging in the morning may reduce dark circles, the fact is, it does. Committing to a good exercise regime can help our body snap back into a fitter state, keeping blood circulation at a healthy pace and hence reducing the paleness of the skin. This can make dark circles disappear in no time.
- Having the right balance of the right habits, such as getting sufficient amount of sleep and a well-balanced diet with less salt can all help in curing dark circles under the eyes. However, if it is a genetic case, the remedies will only work in containing the condition rather than the curing it.
- According to studies, you might have to start watching what you eat even before you go to sleep. A higher intake of salt in meals before sleeping may lead to you waking up to bags under your eyes with dark circles. This is due to salt’s capability to retain water, and it also can dehydrate the body, leading to more dark circles. So watching your salt intake can work wonders on dark circles.
- One other, lesser-known reason behind dark circles is its connection to anemia. This is the term given to iron deficiency in our system and is actually one of the more common causes for dark circles, which people tend to overlook.
Also read: Dark Circles: How to get rid of them?
Thankfully, there are simple but highly effective ways through which dark circles can be battled. Of the many possible options like everything from medical treatments to apparent homemade remedies, the best options to choose would be the prevention measures that put no risk to the skin or body. All these involve the consultation of a dermatologist who can greatly help you with dark circles.
This is where an app like CureSkin can change the whole experience of skin care. CureSkin is an online skin care platform that provides dermatological solutions and cares through a mobile application.
The beauty of the application lies in its simplicity, where the user has to merely answer a set of questions and take a photograph of their skin condition for diagnostic purposes. And the result is that the app develops a customized skin care regimen for you that you can then purchase.
Additionally, it schedules call appointments with its certified dermatologists who track your skin’s progress with regular photo updates and analyze the skin continually to achieve the best possible result. This consists of follow-up calls every two weeks till the customer is satisfied with their skin.