Blemishes are impressions on the skin that can come off as imperfections. These can be caused due to dark spots, uneven skin tone, whiteheads and other skin issues. When they are all concentrated in the same place, blemishes can come off as bigger marks (1). Knowing how to remove blemishes can help avoid stress concerning imperfect looks.
Most of the time blemishes occur on your skin because of inflammation. This usually happens when your pores are oil clogged, so naturally, this is commonly seen in people with oily skin.
When acne occurs and heals, it usually leaves a mark behind; that’s how your skin heals. Your skin heals by producing more melanin to repair that part of your face. When your pores are clogged with oil and dirt, this can also cause blemishes on your face.
Stress, unhealthy diets and hormonal imbalances are known to worsen your blemishes. Irregular sleep patterns can also increase your blemishes. It’s important to pay attention to your eating habits and how your system can internally affect your skin as well (2).
What can you do about your blemishes?
- Cleanliness – Make sure you wash your face twice a day. If you wash your face more than twice a day then this could increase the oil-secreting and make problems worse for you.
- Scrub – Scrubs is good for your face because they help in exfoliating your skin. This thus removes the dead skin cells which could end up clogging your pores.
- Lemon – Vitamin C and Vitamin E are naturally considered to be really good for your skin in case you have to remove marks or any other kind of blemishes from your skin. Lemon is good as it contains both these vitamins.
Although you’ll have to make sure you are not allergic to it, mixing it with orange or honey can be beneficial. Try not to apply it directly on your face without checking if its acceptable with your skin.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is good for your face because it contains lactic acid that helps in getting rid of inflammations and even the blemishes left behind by it.
- Potato – The potato peels are said to have bleaching properties and can thus lighten your skin and help you get rid of blemishes. You could either directly use the peels on your face or apply the juice of the peel.
- Orange peel – Orange also contains Vitamin C and E which have skin lightening properties. You can powder the peels and mix them with yogurt or milk to form a paste which can then be applied to your face.
Also read: Vitamins for Acne: A guide
Why do blemishes happen?
Blemishes are caused mostly due to the same reasons as acne; oily skin, clogged pores, sunlight exposure.
What are Blemishes called in Hindi?
Blemishes are called चेहरे के दाग in Hindi.
Do Blemishes go away naturally?
Blemishes are supposed to go away naturally. If they don’t, consult a dermatologist.
How to prevent Blemishes?
By making sure you have a good diet and give yourself enough sleep, and try to reduce stress and picking your skin inflammations. Try not to touch your face too much.
Are blemishes stealing your glow? Get them removed now! Download the CureSkin App now by clicking here to get the best treatment. It’s easy, fast and affordable!