Denying our connection to other mammals is human being’s favourite hobby. We try different methods, regardless of the amount of effort put in, to have hairless, shiny, attractive skin. We are raised being told that we need to groom ourselves to be pleasing to others’ eyes.
In the recent times, we have been becoming increasingly aware that this approach is flawed in many ways. However, we pay little attention to correcting it. It still stands as a rather important measure of beauty.
On a serious note, we are facing constant pressure form the society to be presentable at all times, with added importance to the face. Without defying that, this article will focus on face hair removal tips.
Dos of face hair removal tips
- Clean your face: It’s always better if you can clean your face well before going in for a hair removal treatment. If your skin is oily and dirty, it can make it difficult to remove hair from your skin easily. In case your skin is oily when you go in for hair removal, it could react harshly to the treatment (1).
- Scrub before and after: You need to scrub in order to remove the dead skin cells or any other kind or dirt and debris that may have clogged in your pores. Moreover, when you do this you could also be allowing some of the ingrown hair, if you have any, to come out to the surface.
- Don’t use razors: This point cannot be stressed enough for women. Do not use razors on your face, it makes your face feel harsh and coarse. Also, it doesn’t always result in the complete removal of hair. If your technique is wrong, it could result in ingrown hair. Moreover, it is claimed that you are more likely to have more facial hair growth after you use razor on your face.
- Apply ice after: Since hair is being pulled out from your skin, your skin could respond to this harshly. Boils and other sorts of inflammations are common posts the treatment, thus it’s always better to apply ice. Not directly though, wrap it in a thin piece of cloth and then apply it onto your skin.
- Moisturize your skin: Most hair removal treatments can leave your skin feeling dry and rough. That’s why it’s always a must to moisturize your skin after you’re done with the treatment.
Don’ts of face hair removal tips
- Expose your skin: Your skin can be incredibly sensitive after any method of hair removal. So make sure you take care as not to expose it to the sunlight. Apply ample sunscreen and keep your skin covered.
- Hair removal creams: We understand that sometimes at a time of urgency, its the best solution, but hair removal creams contain chemicals that could darken your skin. They contain more chemicals and can be harmful for the skin.
- Don’t mix: Try not to mix methods and treatments. For example, if you are used to getting threading done for your face, then stick to that. Don’t try to start waxing your face. If you do, you need to be careful because there are different types of waxes for the types of hair and where it originates from.
- Acne: Try to refrain from using any hair removal methods when you have acne on your skin. It could cause the acne to burst and adversely leave a mark on your face(2).
Also read: What are the different types of Acne? – A list
How to remove face hair permanently?
Laser treatment permanently removes face hair.
Does face hair laser removal work?
Yes, it does work.
Are face hair removal creams safe?
They contain chemicals that can harm your skin and darken it.
Does face waxing increase face hair growth?
No, it does not.
Do not make a hasty decision when it comes to hair removal. Your face is the most sensitive part of your body. Even a slight mistake can have a change on your appearance. So make sure to get your face hair removal tips before deciding on one course of action.
Have excess facial hair growth? Get the best treatment by downloading the CureSkin App now by clicking here. It’s easy, fast and affordable!