Just burnt your skin? Fearing that it would leave behind a residual scar on your skin? Fear not! Immediate treatment of the skin burn is usually the easiest way to minimize scars.
The best treatment for burn marks is prevention.
Here are the things you must know and can do to prevent such confidence-deterring Burn Marks.
How to prevent burn marks/scars on hand?
So, if you get your skin burnt, here’s what you can do immediately to improve your chances for less or no scarring.
- Rinse the burnt skin area in cool or warm water. Let the skin air dry.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the burn to prevent an infection.
- Cover the burn with a nonstick bandage.
- Stretch the burned area for a few minutes each day.
- Let it heal automatically, do not interfere with the natural process.
- Protect the burned skin from the sun with clothing or sunscreen. This area will be very sensitive for several months.
How to prevent burn marks on the face?
This skin is more sensitive than the skin on the rest of the body, treat it more gently.
- Cool the burn. Apply cold, wet compresses on the burn for about 10 minutes or until the pain subsides.
- Apply petroleum jelly 2 to 3 times daily.
- Do not apply ointments, toothpaste or butter to the burn, as these may cause an infection.
- Do not apply topical antibiotics.
- Cover the burn with a nonstick, sterile bandage.
- If blisters form, let them heal on their own while keeping the area covered.
- Do not pop the blisters.
- Consider taking over-the-counter pain medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. This can help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- Protect the area from the sun: Wearing protective clothing or applying a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Sun exposure turns your wound into a much darker color because of excessive melanin pigment generation. Fixing scars becomes difficult this way.
However, it’s always safer to seek a dermatologist’s advice if you want to reduce burn marks on your face, they know the best!
Need to cure burn marks?
Get the best treatment from dermatologists to get rid of burn marks, acne scars and what not! It’s 100% safe and affordable!